Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Open Letter to My Bedroom

Dear Room,

Why are you so ridiculously hot? It is the beginning of November and the cold air has arrived. In fact just this past weekend we received a few inches of slushy snow, some of which sat in my car all weekend until I turned the floor heater on. Yet despite the chilliness you still remain sweltering and uncomfortable even with the window open.

Room, I hate you and your hot temperature. I am envious of everyone else with their barely above freezing boudoirs and their ability to adjust the temperature in their homes. Honestly I would trade all of my friends my bedroom for their tundra-like houses right now. I am tired of sleeping in underwear, bring on the flannels and fleeces that I brought with me from the North. Last night I even put a fan against the screen in a vain attempt to suck in the cold from outside.

Now why can't you be more like the kitchen/living room just around the corner? That's a cool room right there. With the window open and the blinds adjusted I have nice cold breeze sweeping over everything, I no longer have to worry about the butter melting if I forget to put it back in the fridge. It's cold in the living room and if I wasn't so attached to my wonderful bed I would sleep out here permanently.

Don't get get wrong Room. I love your delicate blue paint that reminds me of the ocean and the mismatched modge podge furniture that fills you. You're a great room with lots of space and a bigger closet than the room I had in my parents house before Lance moved a part of his library in and forced me and my things out. You're a lovely room in the summer with your wall-filling windows and eastern exposures, but right now you SUCK. S-U-C-K, suck suck suck.

Just please cool off soon before I have maintenance come and cool you off permanently (I don't even think that's a possibility for me).

With Love (a little annoyance),
Sidney

PS. I'm sorry I broke the radiator last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment