Sunday, March 20, 2011

Peggy Sue

Peggy you know what a penis is. Stay away from it.

I watched Peggy Sue Got Married last night during my In Night. Zach Galifianakis recommended it to me the other day and despite the awful Nicolas Cage performance I really enjoyed it. It was funny to watch Kathleen Turner fall back into 1960 and relive all her regrets. Especially since 30 years later she would play the sexually hyperactive and formidably Sue Collini that we al know and love. The movie is full of throwbacks both in theme and character design which makes it entertain to watch. So thanks Zach for the recommendation.

Okay one and a quarter is enough for today.

Okay, okay never mind. I know that I said I was done for the day, but I just have so much on my mind that I need to spill it out. I also don't want to really do my theology homework so I'm writing and watching The Dark Knight instead. I haven't seen this movie in ages and it was between this and Watchmen and The Dark Knight won. Mostly because it is slightly shorter than the other movie. I've also recently come to the conclusion that I love Michael Cain. Gosh it's been quite the day for Sidney's self-realization (insert facetious laugh).

I went back and took a look at the last post I wrote and the stuff above and no wonder I'm single and alone, I'm insane. Whatever, moving on. Tomorrow I want to get up early and get stuff done, but I found out one of my classes has been cancelled and my mind is slowly trying to convince me that I should sleep in and the fact that I'm only just starting a long movie and I have homework to do is making sleeping in more and more appealing. I also have orientation for a new job tomorrow evening and I'm ridiculously excited and antsy. I like new experiences but I still get butterflies before they happen.

I talked to Anna a little bit tonight and I'm really glad I did because I haven't talked to her all semester and I miss her so much. She's going to the Black and White on Friday so I'll have to wait until later in the weekend to see her. Anna and I always have fun shenanigans and since she's staying on Hawk Hill for grad school I get to see her all summer. We may even dig up Ginger Dan and bring him out with us again. My summer is already being pre-planned for Llanerch pancakes and Guiness on the balcony.

I'm actually starting to get a little giddy about the summer. I have a whole different set of friends staying in the summer this year and I also have a bunch of new friends that I've made this year. I also haven't been offered the job at work that I'm hoping for. If I get it I will actually have some savings and some expendable income to play around with. With Twila on top of that I'm not so limited the way I was last year. I just need the pieces to fit into my summer puzzle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment