Friday, September 16, 2011

Phreezing in Philadelphia.

It's Friday and the week is ending somewhere in the 65 degrees range. It was somewhere in the 90s on Monday. I'm pretty sure that yesterday the weather froze over in the short time I was in class because when I went in I was comfortable in a skirt and tank top and when I came out I was trying to fit my entire body into my book bag to keep warm. I ended up getting fro yo later, but that's a whole other topic on choices I make with my life. Anyways this cold weather shift means the advent of fall and fall means a whole lot of goodies. Usually I consider my birthday to be the end of summer and the beginning of fall, but hey I can start today if I want to.

With the new season comes a few things that I am looking forward to.

1. Fall sports! Everyone knows that Stowe Loves Sports, just look at the green and white umbrellas lined up along the fields. I fortunately took that love with me to Philadelphia where I am currently playing field hockey and ice hockey as much as possible. So much fun. Unfortunately (or fortunately if I were an insomniac) I found out that I have field hockey practice from 10pm to midnight and 5am ice hockey practice on Thursdays. There is a strong possibility of me not making it to December.



2. Candy Corn Pumpkins! I love candy corn and more specifically the pumpkins that come in the fall mix or if you hunt hard enough in their own individual bags. I love the pumpkins to the point where whenever I go to Target I pick up a bag and leave it around places I frequent so that there is also a tasty treat when I'm least expecting it (my car). I also need to pick up Boggle the next time I'm target too.



3. Knitting! Yes I am a knitting dork and no I can't make you a sweater, yet. I love knitting but have found that I only really like doing it when the weather turns colder. Sitting under a pile of yarn in the heat is just no fun. I recently found out that one of my good friends is a closet knitter and she also happens to be one of my neighbors. I'm a little sad though that Cynthia! and I will no longer be able to knit/crochet in the Borders break room anymore :(


Apparently Gene Simmons knits too.


4. Sweaters! I love sweaters and summer/fall/winter/spring I make it work whenever I can. I have definitely been the girl in the 90 degree heat wearing a sweater because I thought it was cool. I recently discovered that my mother has been hoarding a few cool selection underneath her really really ugly Christmas ones and the next time I am there I will be claiming them. My Hebrew Friend has also discovered the joys of J. Crew and their beautiful sweaters for men. The next time I go to the outlets I am taking him along.



5. Apples! Apple picking, apple cider, apple pie are all awesome reasons to look forwards to fall. I can't wait to get a minute to go apple picking and make up new apple creations. I just need to find the recipe for the apple cranberry crisp that is served every Thanksgiving and I will be in business.


2 comments:

  1. We can go apple picking, if you ever have off on my days off. Cooking, I love cooking when the weather gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete