Friday, May 13, 2011

If you can't handle Lewin, go to West Chester.

I was scrolling through ratemyprofessor.com earlier today to see what people had posted about the history teacher I start class with next week and the above little gem popped up. I very rarely take what people say on those message boards seriously because it's usually pissed off students venting about their final grades, but if there's a general trend in one direction or another I will pay attention to that. Now I really know nothing about West Chester's history and about 1/6th of my family has attended/is currently attending West Chester, but I still think it's funny when people think that Saint Joseph's University has some superior program over another institution and then have to brag about it in obscure places.



I got luck this week. Blogger has been down for the past couple of days and haven't wanted to write except once when I went to see Thor with My Hebrew Friend and then Marg finally acknowledged my love of super hero movies. She thinks its becoming a problem, the real problem is her need to pick up every stray cat off of the street and bring it home. Thor, by the way, was great. Everything I wanted from the a Marvel movie and the added bonus of Kat Dennings. She had a small part, but she really nailed it in her own Kat Denning's Comedic Style (see the episode of her in Sex and the City). Yonni's been quoting lines at every opportune moment that he can make, it's quite amusing. I was hoping for a cameo from Tony Stark at the end, but I was perfectly fine with Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury: Avenger Spy. SLJ is so kick-ass anyways. Before the movie I was a preview for Captain America. Captain America is easily my favorite Avenger after Iron Man, but Chris Evans and his nice Avenger body blow Robert Downey Jr.'s out of the water. So tasty. There is a strong Hulk/Watchmen feel to what I've seen so far from it, so I'm hoping that it's a little bit different. I'm really excited for The Avengers that is coming out in May of next year. It has all of the awesome super heroes working for S.H.E.I.L.D. Jeremy Renner is also supposed to have a significant role as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, a superior marksmen. This makes total sense after seeing Thor. Jeremy Renner's character was tiny, but there were a lot of close ups and lingering shots so I could tell that there was something important about him other than the fact that he is Jeremy Renner.


No comments:

Post a Comment