Sunday, May 8, 2011

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, better run, better run faster than my bullet.

I absolutely love when I can come out of work at night and it is still warm out and I can roll the windows own in my car. Sometimes after work you just need something simple tonight to make you feel better after a day of work. I had a really pathetic night. It was a fine start to a double with a large party and a generous tip, but then I got the customer from HELL. He was truly a very rude man. He had no manners and demanded everything and no matter how accommodating we were to him nothing was good enough for him. The after him the kitchen went down and one of my large party's food took almost an hour to get out to them. Part of their bill ended up being comped and so did my tip. I got so frustrated at one of the hostess and started to really miss my mom that I actually started crying while I rang up checks. It wasn't the heaving sobs I get when I'm really upset or tired, but the awkward sniffles and teary eyes that take forever to clear up I had to find behind a post and pretend to clean menus.

I finally got around to setting up the Wii. I know I said I was going to do it but then I got caught up watching old SNL episodes from the 90s and then around 1am the fire alarm went off. I usually just stay in my apartment, but at 1am the alarm sounded extra loud and I couldn't take it. I went and read a book in my car until it got shut down. The lines for the elevator were excruciatingly long when I got back in the building so I decided to hike up the nine flights of steps to my apartment. Walking up the stairs actually wasn't too bad so I may do it more. I also found out where they keep the cable connections in case I feel like being devious and want to commit a misdemeanor. I should have just gone and got blueberry pancakes. I haven't had then in a super long while and I kind of want some now, plus it would have been enough time to let everyone back in the building and free up the elevators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment